Spiritual Direction is a service offered by an individual with a formal, credentialed education to come alongside the seeker who desires a life of spiritual authenticity, clarity, and truth in a Divine entity that guides and leads one in a life of peace, grace, and hope.
Identification with a specific spiritual community is not a requirement for this service.
The seeker will be able to:
- Identify any spiritual beliefs or community that guides behaviors.
- Demonstrates and discerns the path necessary to follow any faith beliefs with integrity and respect.
- Develop a trust in their chosen and divinely guided spiritual path.
- Develops behaviors that demonstrate their chosen spiritual practices into daily life.
- Learns to be kind and loving of self to be able to demonstrate the same to others.
- Make difficult life choices with prayer, wisdom, experience, and intuition.
- Shares freely with a trusted spiritual companion their hopes for living a life of grace in both success and loss.
- Develops a sensitive awareness for social justice for all persons, especially the poor.
- Commits to spiritual supervision for the lifetime.